Manager Pipeline Safety Distribution
Location: 2101 6th Avenue North, Birmingham, Alabama, 35203
At Spire, energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but it’s one that’s at the heart of our business.
Across the regions and companies within our portfolio, we dedicate ourselves to helping over 1.5 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across Alabama, Missouri and Mississippi reach their personal and professional goals, every day. To help address those needs, we provide both regulated and non-regulated natural gas services.
Since 1857, our teams have lived by a different definition of service. One that empowers our employees and the people we serve. Maybe that’s why we’re the eighth longest listed stock on the NYSE. And why we plan to continue to move our communities forward.
Spire is seeking a Manager Pipeline Safety, Distribution to support Alabama and Mississippi operations. This position will be responsible for implementing overall compliance programs for applicable state and federal design and operating codes and regulations for all natural gas distribution facilities within a particular jurisdiction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide program oversight, implementation, and monitoring of a particular jurisdiction’s Distribution Integrity Management Program and the associated risk model
- Coordinate the preparation and submittal of all state and federally required regulatory reports and documentation for a particular jurisdiction. Such reporting will include annual reports, incident reports, safety related condition reports, and other documentation as needed and as required under DOT 191 and 192 and the particular state’s jurisdiction
- Manage and monitor compliance with a particular jurisdiction’s leak survey program
- Act as a representative for the company with the state Pipeline Safety Staff and other governmental agencies as required for compliance purposes
- Provide direction and support during the jurisdiction’s PSC pipeline safety inspections including associated preparation and internal auditing of records
- Ensure compliance of gas facility replacement and maintenance programs, including the bare steel main and services, and cast iron mains and services and vintage plastic replacement programs for a particular jurisdiction
- Review and supervise the production of numerous monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the status of Company replacement and inspection programs and compliance activities
- Manage the implementation of special projects related to compliance activities, including direction of field activities as required
- Provide leadership and support across Spire enterprise applications
- Prepare and deliver status reports to Leadership Council
- Ability to lead by example in support of the Company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving and changing culture
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and display a positive attitude for this dynamic environment.
- All other duties as assigned
Required Education: (may include certifications, licenses and registrations)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Preferred Education: (may include certifications, licenses and registrations)
- Professional Engineer license preferred
Required experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in engineering and/or operations in a natural gas distribution company or equivalent experience in engineering or project management in another industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State Pipeline Safety regulations and company standards associated with Pipeline Safety and Compliance.
Physical demands, work environment and work schedule:
- Normal Work Environment – Work is normally performed in a shared office environment.
- Travel may be required
Spire accepts online applications through our career site at www.spireenergy.careers.com
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.