Huntsville Utilities offers a customer service driven environment, with access to industry-leading technology that supports our employee’s work and resources to drive career advancement. Join Us at Huntsville Utilities, where our team is customer service-driven and uniquely focused on one goal: To provide high quality, low cost, safe and reliable electric, natural gas and water service to our customers.
Salary Range/Grade: $6,103.00 – 8,640.00 Grade 6
Benefits: Yes – See Benefits Web Page
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Gas Operations
Job Statement: Under general supervision of the Gas Operations Manager, Corrosion Supervisor is responsible for Huntsville Utilities cathodic protection of the gas system and corrosion prevention program.
- Responsible for supervising Corrosion Department employees and manage their daily activities.
- Ensures Huntsville Utilities is in 100% compliance with DOT CFR 49 Part 192.
- Stays current on new technologies and implements current industry best practices.
- Provide technical expertise related to external and atmospheric corrosion control as well as the risk assessment of system integrity in accordance with Huntsville Utilities Distribution Integrity Management Program.
- Supervise and analyze all cathodic protection surveys, rectifier readings, and cathodic protection systems commissioning and cathodic protection malfunctions and development of effective solutions.
- Maintains all maintenance records, service reports and other required documents.
- Designs corrosion monitoring and cathodic protection systems. Activities may include review and development of specifications, design/performance calculations, and interpretation of graphic and statistical data. Confers with other departments as necessary.
- Resolves cathodic protection and interference problems including specific measures to be taken and determines specific system adjustments. Implements corrective action through department employees or outside contractors.
- Conducts performance appraisals and provides training and motivation to make full use of individual capabilities.
- Develops input to and administers capital and maintenance budgets based on staffing and resource requirements, cost estimates, goals and objectives.
- Monitors and documents expenditures assuring compliance with approved budget and staffing levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Training/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, equivalent technical field or combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge preferred. NACE CP-3 certification desired.
Experience/Skills: Minimum five years of supervisory experience required. Minimum ten years of cathodic protection and corrosion experience preferred.
Equipment: Operate company vehicle and various cathodic protection test equipment. Must be able to obtain Huntsville Utilities Operator Qualification Certification.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: Occasional field work in diverse climate conditions. Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
Other: Computer knowledge and skills including the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Huntsville Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.