The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for supporting the department on engineering projects related to gas distribution and transmission facilities. Primary functional project roles will typically include either Project Manager or technical design lead. Responsibilities include applying prescribed methods and standard practices in performing all phases of projects and providing direction and support to other engineering staff.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- a strong technical background in the natural gas industry
- Transmission experience preferred
- a proven track record with successful cross-functional interactions (sales/operations)
- experience with permits and estimates
- excellent communication (both oral and written) skills
- business acumen
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited educational institution (Civil or Mechanical preferred) and 8+ years experience in the natural gas pipeline industry; or an equivalent in education and experience.
- An MBA is a plus.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.