The Tennessee Gas Association (TGA) is the natural gas state association established in 1962 with 400 members comprised of municipal gas systems, utility districts, gas authorities, private and public gas companies, pipelines, gas marketers, business partners, and housing authorities, representing approximately 10,000 Tennessee employees serving the natural gas industry’s 1.2 million customers and 31,000 miles of distribution line. TGA’s core values are Promote, Advocate, Collaborate, and Educate for the natural gas industry.
TGA’s current Executive Director (ED) will be retiring end of June 2019; therefore, TGA is seeking a replacement candidate to begin work in May 2019 to allow overlap of duties for learning and a smooth transition. In this position, a successful ED will display leadership, direction, support, and coordination for TGA, its Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and other Committees according to the current goals, objectives, and bylaws of the association. The ED will be responsible for developing and evaluating programs, policies, methods and procedures regarding the management and organization of the association. The ED will also be responsible for the management of TGA personnel. The ED ensures administrative activities for budgeting, committee management and meeting coordination are complete and appropriate. The ED provides written and verbal reports to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors to provide status updates of tasks, projects, and financial position.
• Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (i.e., Engineering, Public Relations, Business Administration, or other) or 10 years of equivalent and demonstrated experience
• Five years of related natural gas utility experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must have the ability to work independently in a timely manner
• Must be able to communicate well and develop and manage content for a variety of communication methods including email, newsletters, website, and presentations
• Must be able to represent TGA in a positive, professional manner
• Must have the ability to work cooperatively
• Must have an understanding of the natural gas industry and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
• Must maintain quality and accuracy of work
• Must be able to manage multiple Committees and programs simultaneously and in an organized manner
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands: Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and / or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Absent undue hardship, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
Travel: Travel is expected (15-20%) for conferences, utility site visits, off site meetings, etc.
• Ten years of management level natural gas utility experience
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Strong office and financial management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Office management or supervisory skills
• Strong initiative and attention to detail, along with some type of fact-finding or research experience r
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com by the deadline of February 8.