The Alabama Natural Gas Association (ANGA) has established an Education Scholarship Program. This program has been established to offer assistance to academically qualified individuals who intend to pursue a degree at a two or four year accredited university, college or technical school. Scholarships will be based on such criteria as academic achievement, financial need, extra-curricular activities, community involvement, etc. This fund has been established by the direct efforts of the ANGA Board of Directors and from monies raised by, or from donations or contributions made to ANGA.
- Two scholarships will be awarded annually in the amount of $1,500.00 each with the check written out jointly to the scholarship recipient and the educational institution they attend. These checks will require the endorsement of both parties.
- Each year, the ANGA Scholarship Committee shall consist of the three (3) most immediate past presidents of the association with the most recent past president serving as the chairperson of the committee.
- The scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the ANGA Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship levels to be awarded may be adjusted annually at the discretion of the ANGA Board of Directors. Scholarships will be awarded at the ANGA Annual Conference.
To be considered for the ANGA Education Scholarship, the applicant:
- Must be a dependent child of a natural gas distribution or pipeline system employee who has been continuously employed for at least one year with that system, where that system is a multiple distribution utility, and the employee works for the natural gas division of that system. The distribution system must be located within the state of Alabama and be a member in good standing with ANGA. Also, the employee and dependent child must reside within the state of Alabama to be eligible or;
- Must be a dependent child of an affiliate member company employee who has been continuously employed for at least one year with that company. The company must be a member in good standing with ANGA. Also, the employee and dependent child must reside in the state of Alabama to be eligible.
- Must be a graduating high school senior or currently an enrolled university, college or technical school student, with a minimum grade point average of 2.5, or have completed the GED prior to the year applying and must meet the other eligibility requirements.
- Must be accepted as a full-time student at an accredited university, college or technical school located within the state of Alabama.
- Must complete pages 3-5 of the ANGA Education Scholarship application and submit prior to March 15th of a given year.
- In addition to the above criteria, to be considered for an additional scholarship for the next yearly term, the student:
- Must maintain a 2.5 grade point average.
- Must be classified as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester).
PLEASE NOTE: Complete applications submitted to ANGA by the March 15th deadline will be given every consideration by the Scholarship Committee, but please be advised that submitting an application does not automatically guarantee you will receive a scholarship. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to determine, based on the criteria outlined, who each year’s recipient(s) will be.